ST JOHN’S TENNIS CLUB: COVID-19 RESTRICTIVE CLUB RULES
These COVID-19 Restrictive Club Rules apply from the date of issue and until further notice. SJTC adheres and complies with all the LTA and Government guidelines in relation to COVID-19 and expects all members to do likewise. As a member, you are deemed to agree and comply with these rules and the LTA guidance and any infringement will be treated as a disciplinary matter in accordance with the Constitution.
SJTC will ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to provide an environment and playing protocol that complies with the guidance. It is, however, the responsibility of each member to comply with rules and guidelines and each member must make their own assessment of their personal safety, health and general wellbeing. SJTC cannot be held responsible for any issues that may occur with reference to COVID-19 or other health matters during any time spent at SJTC.
1. Maximum of two people per court (singles play only). Initially, only singles play will be allowed but the Committee will review this restriction on a weekly basis and advise members if there is any further easing of this restriction.
2. All Courts are to be booked through ClubSpark. There is no Club play
3. Max duration for any court booking is 2hrs. As Clubspark can only book in 1⁄2 hour slots we expect a 1⁄2 hour buffer to be left between each booking. This will ensure that members have adequate time to leave and arrive at the club without overlapping
4. Each player to provide own marked balls for play. Each player serves using their own balls. As per LTA guidance avoid touching any balls that are not yours
5. As per LTA guidelines either avoid changing ends or ensure that opposite sides of the net are used when changing ends.
6. Access to all courts will be via the main gates to Courts 1&2. Access to Court 3 will be via this gate and through Courts 1&2. The back corridor will be out of bounds and left for access only to Bowls Club – this will ensure ‘social distancing’ can be maintained.
7. The clubhouse will remain closed to all members. The exception will be in a case of a medical emergency by 1 member to access First Aid or Defibrillator equipment.
8. A Sanitiser station will be provided at the main gate access to the courts. Please use this to sanitise and clean before playing.
9. All Courtside benches have been removed and off-court benches can only be used if strict social distancing is maintained at all times. Members are encouraged not to congregate either before or after games.
10. COVID-19 signage and instructions will be displayed on Club-house door and courtside, please take time to read these.
11. Packs of balls will be available in the shed for use at £4 per tube and pay online to Steve Chilcott. If the committee is informed will restock when low.
12. The club is strictly only open to members or for a 1 to 1 lesson with the coach. Strictly no other family members even if they are from the same household.
Addendum Rules to apply from 18th May 2020 and until further notice