SJTC: COVID-19 RESTRICTIVE CLUB RULES – Updated 09/2020
These Restrictive Club Rules apply from the date of issue and until further notice. SJTC adheres and complies with all the LTA and Government guidelines and expects all members to do likewise. As a member you are deemed to agree and comply with these rules and any infringement will be treated as a disciplinary matter in accordance with the Constitution.
SJTC will ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to provide an environment and playing protocol that complies with the guidance. It is however the responsibility of each member to comply with rules and guidelines. SJTC cannot be held responsible for any issues with reference to COVID-19 or other health matters during any time spent at SJTC.
1. Maximum of 6 people per court. Doubles is now allowed from people from different households. Reasonable social distancing is still expected to be adopted by members
2. All Courts are to be booked through ClubSpark. Max duration for any court booking is 2hrs. This should allow for reasonable use and opportunity for all members to book courts. Please ensure social distancing is maintained both arriving and leaving courts.
3. Please ensure that the balls do not mix with other courts. Please minimize the amount of ball handling between points, using the racket to return rather than picking the balls up. This should ensure that any possible transmission is minimized.
4. As per LTA and social distancing guidance ensure that opposite sides of the net are used when changing ends and if any adjustments are required to nets etc – ensure that these are wiped down using the sanitizer equipment provided.
5. Access to all courts will be via the main gates to Courts 1&2. Access to Court 3 will be via this gate and through Courts 1&2. The back corridor will be out of bounds and left for access only to Bowls Club – this will ensure ‘social distancing’ can be maintained.
6. The clubhouse will only be used for following reasons. 1) access to floodlights 2) access to toilet 3) Emergency access for 1st Aid equipment or Defibrillator. No more than 1 person allowed in clubhouse at any one time.
7. A Sanitizer station will be provided at the main gate access to the courts. Please use this to sanitize and clean before playing. COVID-19 signage and instructions will be displayed on Club-house door and courtside, please take time to read these fully.
8. All Courtside benches have been removed and off-court space can only be used if strict social distancing is maintained. Members are encouraged not to congregate either before or after games.
9. The club is open to members or for lessons with the coach. Coaching only membership is now available although Group coaching will be limited to the LTA guidance for coaches. For more detailed advice please discuss directly with the club coach or view the guidance on the LTA website. Any new members can have 3 trail “pay and play” sessions before they decide whether to join.
10. The Rule of 6 as per the current Government guidelines will be strictly complied with at all times by any person on the club premises. This will apply irrespective of the persons being members or visitors. For clarity unless there is a court based Group session run by the coaching team then there will be no groups of 6 or more on the club premises. Remember HANDS, FACE, SPACE
Addendum Rules to apply from: 15th September 2020 and until further notice