SJTC recognises that discrimination and victimisation is unacceptable. It is the aim of SJTC to ensure that no member or applicant receives less favourable facilities or treatment (either directly or indirectly) on grounds of age, disability, gender / gender reassignment, marriage / civil partnership, pregnancy / maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation (the protected characteristic).
We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination or victimisation. To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all our members.
Members will not discriminate directly or indirectly, or harass any other member because of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation within the normal scope and function of the Tennis Club.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our members are recognised and valued.
- Every member is entitled to an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and will be referred to the committee in line with our constitution and membership rules.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS
Responsibility for ensuring that there is no unlawful discrimination rests with all members and the attitudes of members are crucial to the successful operation of this policy. In particular, all members should:
- comply with the policy and arrangements;
- not discriminate in their day to day activities or induce others to do so;
- not victimise, harass or intimidate other members or groups who have, or are perceived to have one of the protected characteristics.
- ensure no individual is discriminated against or harassed because of their association with another individual who has a protected characteristic.
Discrimination and victimisation will be treated as disciplinary offences and they will be dealt with under the Membership Disciplinary Procedure.
The effectiveness of this policy and associated arrangements will be reviewed annually by the standing Committee.